Friday, June 19, 2009

Re: Showing my ignorance

Bernadette,
It sounds like you get a form monthly that is already in a PDF format. =
Is that the only way you can have this information electronically? No =
matter which of the avenues you pick, you will be handling data at both =
ends quite a bit more than needs be if you could streamline it form the =
start.

If you have no alternative but to get the data as a PDF, you can make it =
a form and collect data by email (you would need to place it the =
database then) or online, but I have never done Access DB collection =
online with forms. I am interested to hear from someone who has done =
that.

Sound like if you use a survey, you will be creating a new survey every =
month. An online solution that also handled the payment would be slick.
-Ann


-----Original Message-----
From: A forum for independent school educators on behalf of Bernadette =
Roche
Sent: Fri 6/19/2009 11:04 AM
To: ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Showing my ignorance
=20
Ok, I know I'm showing my stupidity, so I apologize. Please don't
berate me for it :)

I've been asked to find a way for us to collect a form that is filled
out and returned electronically. It's our lunch menu sign up. We get
it in pdf form and have been emailing to parents. Now we'd like to go
to the next level and have parents fill it out and return it by email
where we compile the orders for both the vendor and billing purposes.
We keep this data in an Access DB.

Now, I know Adobe will do the form creation, but I'm not very familiar
with Adobe so I don't really know how to collect and compile the data.
I can create the form no problem. I don't know that I like the cost of
Adobe, though.

Does anyone use Adobe frequently enough to walk me through what to do?
Is there another option besides Adobe to do this task?

Thanks,
Bernadette

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, =
attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L