Thursday, June 18, 2009

Re: Equipment Use

In our Upper School, which is fairly small, we have started migrating =
equipment to the Library. That way, there's always someone there to =
check it out and in, and we already have a handy catalog in place to =
keep track of who has what. Our Tech guy has responsibilities both on =
our campus and our LS/MS campus, so can't always be there to help. It's =
also convenient that our library is located right next to our tech =
office, so if anything comes back with a question or problem, we can =
have it taken care of quickly.

Right now we have a small amount of equipment, so this setup is quite =
manageable. The trick is to make sure that the library staff do not =
become the de facto tech people, i.e., people checking out the equipment =
do not expect the librarians to be able to troubleshoot, answer any and =
all questions, etc. =20

Emily S. Auerswald
Upper School Librarian
Indian Creek School