Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Re: Chrome vs. IE 7(8) vs. Firefox

Hello, Steven,

I would install Firefox and Safari, and be done with it. Both work on Windows and Mac, and FF works on Linux as well. When Chrome gets a stable version for Mac, Linux, and Windows, it will be worth considering in the mix as well. The beta version for the Mac is particularly grabby when it comes to personal info, but I believe this is less of an issue on the other versions.

IE8 is much better than IE7, but that's not saying much. IE is also limited to the Windows platform.

Cheers,

Bill