Thursday, June 3, 2010

Re: polyvision

We had a rep on campus last week demoing the unit. It seemed to work well
with both Mac and Windows. They were trying to sell us on their software,
which is largely irrelevant to the device: so long as you have the drivers
installed, it works like a big trackpad with their marker (and no shadows
from the projector because it's at such a steep angle). We were using the
Smart Notepad software with it fine. (And I was able to interact with my
software more easily than on a Smart Board -- I've had endless problems
getting clicks to register in Photoshop, for example, and with the
Brightlink... it's just a mouse, so it Just Works.)

-- S

Seth Battis / http://battis.net / seth@battis.net / @battis / (323) 638-7384