Thursday, April 8, 2010

Re: Schedule design question

Hi Ruth - we've found that passing time takes the amount of time it is=0D
given. So 5 min, 7 min, 10 min - whatever is allowed that is how long=0D
it takes. We, too, have a large campus spread over 2 buildings across=0D
the street from each other. We have 5 min passing time and 45 min=0D
periods. If a student has one of the long commutes - from the back of=0D
one building to the top floor of the other, we know that he or she will=0D
be a little later but generally everyone makes it within the time=0D
allowed.=0D
=0D
Also, we have a cadence to the schedule which is =0D
2 periods; =0D
10 min break, =0D
3 periods (one of which is a lab)=0D
Lunch=0D
2 periods=0D
Extra help/advisory period=0D
Practice/PE=0D
=0D
That coupled with a rotating schedule means kids don't need to hit their=0D
locker between each class and can carry materials for just 2 classes in=0D
a row.=0D
=0D
Doing what you can to get a later start seems beneficial to all. Good=0D
luck!=0D
=0D
Stacey=0D
=0D
Anastasia Giordano=0D
Academic Dean=0D
The Albany Academies=0D
135 Academy Rd=0D
Albany, NY 12208=0D
518.429.2423=0D
518-429-2438 fax=0D
=0D
The Albany Academies is committed to developing the potential of the=0D
whole individual by building a community that fosters scholarship,=0D
leadership, character, service, and creativity.=0D
-----Original Message-----=0D