Sunday, April 4, 2010

Re: Is a school's core curriculum like a music CD?

It's interesting that even the radical notions of the web replacing place-=
based schooling default to a conversation about where students will access =
content, when content is only the raw material and means, not the essence o=
f schooling, which for kids, especially, is largely a socializing and culti=
vating process that must happen, at least partly, in the context of caring =
and inspiring adults and pro-social peers, not to mention the place where s=
tudents learn how to team and lead most conveniently, before they'll do tha=
t remotely in the future.

Cheers.

PFB

Patrick F. Bassett, President
N A T I O N A L A S S O C I A T I O N O F I N D E P E N D E N T S C H O=
O L S
1620 L St., NW, Washington, DC 20036
202.973.9710 (Office)
202.746.5444 (Cell)
202-247-9667 (Fax)
bassett@nais.org www.nais.org
www.twitter.com/PatBassett
www.facebook.com/NAISnetwork

This email is to be considered a confidential communication not to be forwa=
rded or shared unless otherwise explicitly noted.