Saturday, April 3, 2010

Re: Two regular monitors vs. one wide

If possible, could you try out both before changing? I have two =
administrators that love the two monitor setup. On one, they always =
have their email and web stuff going on. On the other one are documents =
they are working on, videos, etc. Of course if they have two documents =
they need to work on simultaneously, they can easily pull a document up =
on both monitors.

However, for me as well as a couple others that tried it, we really like =
the larger single monitor. But, I can't remember the last time I needed =
to have two pages of documents up simultaneously. I would think that if =
this was a regular thing you needed to do, that two monitors would win =
over hands down.

Renee Ramig
Seven Hills School


-----Original Message-----
From: A forum for independent school educators on behalf of James Lerman
Sent: Fri 4/2/2010 11:54 PM
To: ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Two regular monitors vs. one wide
=20
Hi everyone,
I'm contemplating the move from a single monitor to more screen real =
estate. Basically, I want a bigger screen than my 19-inch standard unit =
because I want to be able to view two documents side-by-side and not go =
blind doing so. I want bigger images with good clarity. I'm trying to =
decide between getting two 19-inch monitors or one 24-inch widescreen.
I realize the 2x19s give more overall real estate, but they also take up =
a lot more room on the desk. I don't watch a lot of or create much video =
or do any gaming. Do do some limited graphics work. This is basically =
for creating documents, web browsing, and communicating.
Those of you who have a 24" widescreen (not 23") unit, can you =
comfortably get two word documents side-by-side on it?
Any brand or model recommendations to either definitely check out or =
stay away from? Don't have to go for the cheapest, but would like to =
stay under $500-600.
Thanks for any ideas or thoughts.
Jim Lerman

[ For info on ISED-L see =
https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D128874 ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, =
attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L


[ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D128874 ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L