Thursday, April 15, 2010

Re: Summer Faculty Reading

Dear Friends,=20

In 2008-09, the Viewpoint facutly read and discussed How Soccer Explains=
the World, and our emphasis was on Global Studies. It was modestly succe=
ssful with faculty discussions. Last year we read Brain Rules, which was=
highly popular -- it has ideas for teachers as well as ideas all can appl=
y to themselves. People are still tlaking about it, and I see applications=
when i visit classrooms. For summer 2010, we are reading Malcolm Gladwel=
l's Outliers. I think it will work well. =20
Best, Margaret Bowles
Associate Head, Viewpoint School
Calabasas, CA