Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Re: Emails for alums

Larry Kahn <larry.kahn@kinkaid.org> on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 08:12 -0400
wrote:
>Does your school provide email addresses for alums? If so, how successful
>is this program?

Concord Academy offered alumni email aliases for several years. In the
entire life of the program, I believe that we had three users. As such, when
we moved to our new web hosting environment a few years ago, we were able to
kill the idea.

I don't know that I've ever heard of an offering that was successful other
than at the college level. And, if there is one, I'd prefer that our
Advancement folks not hear about it! :-)

---

Bob Koskovich
Director of Information Technology Services
Concord Academy - Concord, Mass.