Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Re: Email for Alums

The only thing I worry about is if an alum chooses to use an email =
account inappropriately, there is no recourse the school can do other =
than close the account.

We have been talking about emails with our alums. (We are a K-8 =
school.) What I have noticed is that fewer and fewer high school =
students use email. I have two of my own kids, and I either have to =
"Facebook" or text them if I need to contact them. (They are 18 and 21, =
and they do not live at home.) They both have email accounts, but they =
check them maybe once a month.

I think we need to rethink how we are staying in contact with our alums. =
I love email and use it all the time, but that is not really what the =
kids use anymore.

Renee Ramig
Seven Hills School

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:12:28 -0500
From: Larry Kahn <larry.kahn@kinkaid.org>
Subject: Emails for alums
Hi,

Does your school provide email addresses for alums? If so, how =
successful
is this program? Tell me your story.

<snip>

[ For info on ISED-L see =
https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D128874 ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, =