Thursday, April 3, 2008

Re: Classroom/Teacher Websites

Edublogs runs on Wordpress Multi-User --
http://mu.wordpress.org -- WPMU is open source -- free
to download and run for as many people as you want, as
long as you like.

Edublogs, as a hosted service, has some advantages,
particularly for organizations who don't want to deal
with setting up a hosting infrastructure.

Drupal would also do this well, particularly with the
Organic Groups module to break up the site into
classes.

Both Drupal and WPMU have modules that allow LDAP
authentication:

http://drupal.org/project/ldap_integration
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wpmu-ldap/

Cheers,