Monday, June 7, 2010

Re: polyvision

Hi Ellen,

We installed the Hitachi projectors and experienced the same distorted imag=
es although they impacted things very minimally. The bigger issue was with=
distorting the image when 4:3 versus 16:9 video was played back. We could=
not get a good setting to run a VCR/DVD and computer VGA without messing =
up the DVD playback. We lived with it and then had issues with filters bei=
ng very temperamental and shutting down the projectors until they were clea=
ned. We had 13 installed and one day had five want to be cleaned. I did n=
ot like any of this and Hitachi was very responsive and is switching out al=
l their projectors at their cost with their latest projector. Brighter, lo=
nger lived, (now a short throw instead of an ultra short throw) and no mirr=
or that comes down mechanically. We are actually going to get a credit. T=
hey work great with the Eno boards we have here.

On the Eno responsiveness. I have noticed significant differences in the r=
esponsiveness of the pen and this seems to have been the driver. The lates=
t driver seems to fix any lag. Any lag I describe is ten times faster than=
the Hitachi Starboard.

I can dig up model numbers if interested. The attachment arm is very nice =
on the eyes as well.

Matt Pearson=20
Director of Technology, Security and Safety, MCDS=20