Thursday, April 10, 2008

Re: Looking for Browser Based Hosted Email Solution (UNCLASSIFIED)

Christopher -

I kind of wish we had that problem - at this time, our board is not in
favor of providing student e-mail, so we use GApps for faculty e-mail
only. The only issue I've had raised is restoring deleted messages for
faculty (I've never enjoyed that part if my job when we had email on-
site) - but there are several services that will do that for you at a
reasonable price. Then, it just depends how much your administration
insists on it - I'm a bit hard lined about saying "if you deleted it,
it's gone."

In terms if the student issue, nothing beats an on-site server. I,
too, would be interested to see what solutions others have found to
this issue.

Jen