Monday, September 13, 2010

Re: How To Make Independent Schools Happier Places :-)

Sarah,

I think one of the problems with our current economic system -with its
frayed social-safely net, many people seeing stagnant or declining wages,
and the wealthiest 1% of the population receiving 25% of the nation's
income- is that most of us in the middle class have very little room for
even the slightest thing to go wrong. It tends to make for very compliant
employees.

Fred

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Sarah Hanawald <shanawald@gmail.com>wrote:

> And, let's face it--there's a big difference in everyday life stress
> between
> two people full time workers earning $37,500 in a household and one person
> earning $75 and the other at home without a salary. Especially if you
> factor children into the equation. One of those situations has very little
> room for even the slightest thing to go wrong.
>
> Sarah Hanawald
>

> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Vinnie Vrotny <vvrotny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I would love to see the statistics, as to where it factors cost of living
> > for the area into the equation. My sense, in the area I live in, the
> number
> > is just a bit higher.
> >
> > [ For info on ISED-L see
> https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874]
> > Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
> > non-commercial, share-alike license.
> > RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L
> >

> [ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=128874]

Fred Bartels