Wednesday, September 29, 2010

grade groups, iTunesU content, 21st c. libraries

That's interesting that edutopia is launching grade level groups. ISEnet
already has them. They haven't seen much action yet, but I continue to think
this is an area ripe for development. At a certain point they'll reach a
critical mass.
http://isenet.ning.com/groups/group/listByLocation?location=gradelevels

<http://isenet.ning.com/groups/group/listByLocation?location=gradelevels>On
another topic, Bill F. asked a good question about the NAIS iTunesU site...
he asked whether the content is licensed with a CC sharing license. As I
understand it, because the content is being pulled from many different
schools, the intellectual property rights remain with the schools/content
creators. Uses beyond viewing the videos (and fair use of small snippents)
would require permission from the content creators.

Lastly I am curious what your library is doing to embrace digital content
and anytime/where access?
http://isenet.ning.com/forum/topics/school-library-of-the-future

thanks,
Demetri