Monday, September 13, 2010

Looking for K-8 media/technology --curriculum/scope & sequence

I have one 45 minute section a week with K-5 and two 45 minute sections =
a week with 6-8th grade. I am spending a portion of each period in the =
computer lab and the last 15-20 minutes checking out books. My 6th-8th =
graders will switch to only one partial period checkout period a week =
and one full 45 minute experience in the lab. My lesson plans will =
include library skills, but will primarily be technology based. I will =
be collaborating with staff for student experiences and I am looking for =
anyone who has put together or documented a curriculum and/or a scope & =
sequence for this grade range or any section of this grade range. Any =
ideas, documentation, or helpful curriculum web sites will be much =
appreciated. Here is a list of items I put together
when I thought I would be on a flexible schedule.

Yearbook
=B7 Online newspaper/newsletter in conjunction with language arts =
staff

=B7 Image editing

=B7 Video news program-video editing/production

=B7 Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Powerpoint (desktop publishing)

=B7 Web based applications(Google)

=B7 Digital Literacy/Internet Safety (I have a webquest to share)

=B7 Keyboarding

=B7 Basic web design/Online web creation sites

=B7 Web 2.0 skills (wiki's, blogs, Glogster (graphical blog)

=B7 File Management-saving to the server/local hard drive/pen drive


Dave Nelson
Media/Technology Coordinator
Noble Academy
Minneapolis, MN 55412
http://www.nobleacademy.us/
dnelson763@gmail.com


[ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D128874 ]
Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L