Thursday, September 9, 2010

Re: Website Management Software

Renee,

At La Salle College High School we use FinalSite as our Content Management =
System. I couldn't be happier with the choice we made six years ago. Afte=
r a long search we settled on FinalSite mainly because I liked the balance =
between the administrative control we were given and the ease of use for ou=
r non-technical editors. =20

We started off with a simple Website package and have grown over the last s=
ix years to utilize all of the modules FinalSite offers. They have also be=
en terrific working with us to achieve Single Sign On (SSO) between the Web=
site Portals, our LDAP Server (ActiveDirectory), our school information sys=
tem and online gradebook (SeniorSystems), our online Counseling software (N=
aviance), our student email system (Gmail), and TurnItIn.com. Using a stud=
ent or faculty/staff members network username and password for access to al=
l of these systems is wonderful! We still have to export and import data f=
rom our alumni database (Raiser's Edge) but that process is very straightfo=
rward. I know FinalSite has tried to get BlackBaud to work with them on SS=
O and automatic data refresh, but they're not at the point that other syste=
ms are with sharing data.

The people at FinalSite are also wonderful to work with. I have never work=
ed with a software company so committed to supporting its clients and so re=
ceptive to feedback. It is always refreshing to work with them on a new pr=
oject or even a support ticket.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

-Ray

Raymond T. Shay
Director of Web Communications
Speech and Debate Team, Head Coach