Thursday, September 9, 2010

Re: Electronic textbooks, what's happening?

We have been thinking about this, too, but I am waiting for a reader
that is like a tablet, in that I can write with digital ink, circle,
highlight, and markup a text, just like I would with a paper book. I'll
personally buy into digital books when 1) I can download them to my
tablet (maybe I can already do that with some?), or when eBook readers
allow real markup. That will be the turning point for me...oh, and when
publishers deeply discount the cost of the texts from the paper
versions, because, hopefully, their production costs will be lower
(although they will have new tech costs to bear). =20