Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Re: Headphones

Hi,
This year for the first time we have gone 1:1 for headphones.
We do the same as Susan:
K-4
Each classroom has a nice colorful container from The Container Store.
Headphone is labeled with their name, put in a zip lock bag also with name
and kept in the container.

5-8
We are issuing each student earbuds and they will be responsible for having
them with them when needed. The idea is we give them earbuds in fifth and
expect them to last hopefully 4 years until they graduate in eighth.
However, I suspect that we'll be lucky if we get even 2 years out of it. It
may end up having to be an annual thing, but they are very inexpensive.

Ellen

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Susan Ferris <susanferris123@gmail.com>wr=
ote:

> I store them in quart size zip close plastic bags.
> No tangles.
> Each child has their own set and I keep them in plastic crates.
> Susan Ferris Rights
> The Pingry School
>

> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Shelley Paul <shelley.paul@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi, All -
> > For those who are using class sets of ipods (check-out style), how are
> > you managing headsets? Are you purchasing a set per student? Asking
> > students to purchase them? Cleaning them with alcohol (is that even
> > possible?)
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Shelley
> >
> > Shelley Paul
> > Assistant Director of IT
> > Woodward Academy
> > Atlanta, GA
> > --
> > SLP
> >
> > [ For info on ISED-L see
> https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D128874]
> > Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attributio=
n,
> > non-commercial, share-alike license.
> > RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L
> >

> --
> Susan Ferris Rights
> susanferris123@gmail.com
> 908-568-1884
>
> "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.=94
> Theodore Roosevelt
>
> =93A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out=
.=94
> Walter Winchell
>
> [ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D1288=
74]