Thursday, September 9, 2010

Re: Electronic textbooks, what's happening?

Hi!

Bill, those are some seriously cool
ideas. As it happens, I quite recently inherited our 7th grade
"Foundations of
Language and Culture" course, and am planning to work with my students
in creating a text for the course. I was planning on using a wiki to
help plan the process, gather resources, host the actual
"textbook" (or whatever we end up calling it), and present our class's
projects based off the textbook they write. Would this project fit
well with what you're envisioning?

Has anyone who may have done something similar got any advice? I seem
to remember that Sherry Ward
has an exciting wiki project where students share their expertise, for
one.

Thank you!!!

Take care,
Bill Ivey