Thursday, September 2, 2010

Re: digital signage options

When I was looking into this a couple of years ago, I really wasn't happy
with any solutions out there including the ones mentioned on the list off
and on when this topic comes up and was really concerned about the ongoing
upkeep of it as well as the ability to have multiple units dish the same
content across campus wirelessly as we add units.

I ended-up going with MediaTile primarily because of the architecture even
though they are/were geared towards commercial advertising solutions.

More info here and just added some recent screenshots of what our current
display looks like since ISED blocks attachments.

We are doing a flash swf to an xml file for the daily schedule
progress panel, rss from our Whipple Hill website News for the news ticker
along the bottom and an image and or video playlist for what we call the
main section.

http://mergy.org/2010/05/digital-signage-in-schools

I am actually talking to Leah in Marketing at MediaTile later today on the
stuff we have done to make it useful for schools.

Jonathan
Jonathan Mergy <jmergy@lwhs.org>
Director Of Technology
Lick-Wilmerding High School