Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Re: Document Cameras

We decided to pilot our first document camera this spring. After
research and surveying a number of colleagues, we settled on the
AVerMedia AVerVision CP300 Document Camera. It was about $700 at
CDWG. It came in over spring break, and teachers have been fighting
over it ever since.

Teachers are using it in place of making overheads of materials, to
share student work, and to demonstrate processes such as marking text
and note-taking. One word of caution... Once a teacher starts using
one, he'll want it for himself, just as he'd have a projector,
laptop, etc. It's exciting to watch this happen, but it's hard to
remind the teachers it's a shared device.

I can't recommend them highly enough!

Tami Brass
http://www.tech4teaching.org
http://del.icio.us/brasst
tamilb@mac.com
tbrass@spa.edu
In times of change, learners inherit the Earth, while the learned
find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no
longer exists. -- Eric Hoffer