Monday, January 3, 2011

Re: Programming apps for iOS (iPod, iPhone, iPad)

Hi Tom,

Here is the invite link: http://phdpln.ning.com/?xgi=3D0Z61eK8IlylCj4

Fred

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Tom Hart <Thart@gcds.net> wrote:
> Hi Fred,
>
> Can you send me an invite? Very interested in programming apps course.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

R.EDU] On Behalf Of Fred Bartels
> Sent: Monday, January 03, 2011 6:18 AM
> To: ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
> Subject: Re: Programming apps for iOS (iPod, iPhone, iPad)
>
> Hi John,
>
> Just finishing up teaching a one semester introduction to iOS
> programming course. Will be teaching a follow-on course second
> semester.
>
> It has been an interesting experience so far. Very challenging.
> Probably a topic that is best for post AP Comp. Sci. students. I'm
> running a ning on the subject. If you (or any other programming
> teachers) are interesting in participating let me know and I'll send
> you an invite.
>
> Fred
>

> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Caballero, John
> <caballeroj2@heathwood.org> wrote:
>> Is anyone teaching a class where students learn computer programming by =
programming apps for the iPod/iPhone/iPad?

>> If so, I would appreciate any information you can share about the experi=
ence: =A0How did it go? =A0How big was the class? =A0Do you have a syllabus=
you wouldn't mind sharing? =A0Did any students have their apps accepted by=
iTunes?

>> We are interested in a course like this and are looking around to see wh=
at we can learn from others. =A0Any information is greatly appreciated.

>> Thanks,
>>
>> John Caballero
>> Heathwood Hall Episcopal School
>>
>> [ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D128=
874 ]
>> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution=
, non-commercial, share-alike license.
>> RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L
>>

> --
> Fred Bartels
> Dir. of Info. Tech.
> Rye Country Day School
>
> [ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D1288=
74 ]
> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,=
non-commercial, share-alike license.

> NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(=
s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorize=
d review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the=
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy a=
ll copies of the original message.

> [ For info on ISED-L see https://www.gds.org/podium/default.aspx?t=3D1288=
74 ]
> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,=
non-commercial, share-alike license.

--=20
Fred Bartels
Dir. of Info. Tech.