Thursday, June 19, 2008

Re: Google for Education

Google Gears allows you to work offline with many web apps like Google
docs, gmail, etc. It syncs when you're back online (automatically, I
think) so working on multiple computers isn't an issue. Supported on many
platforms, but so far only with Firefox on the Mac, IE and Firefox on
Windows, etc.

I agree, however, that Google docs is clumsy and limited when you're used
to Word. Works well for collaboration, but that's about it.

cheers,
- marty

--
Marty Billingsley