Friday, February 27, 2009

Re: social networks used

http://www.insidefacebook.com/=

Oh .... and this is interesting as well=0A=0Ahttp://www.insidefacebook.com/=
2009/02/27/facebooks-in-house-sociologist-shares-stats-on-users-social-beha=
vior/=0A=0A
____________________________=0AJason at jasonpj@yahoo.com=0A=0A=
=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom: Jason Johnson <jasonpj@ya=
hoo.com>=0ATo: ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU=0ASent: Friday, February 27, 2009 1:=
22:37 PM=0ASubject: Re: social networks used=0A=0AAside from Pew and other =
usual suspects I highly recommend Danah Boyd's site and her research if you=
really want to get a handle on children and Social Networks. =0A=0Ahttp:/=
/www.danah.org/=0A=0AAs a side note, I manage the social network for AARP a=
nd we have a surprising number of teens on the site. We speculate this is =
largely because most schools do not block our domain. You might find somet=
hing interesting anomalies yourself if you surveyed your own population.=0A=
=0A_J____________________________=0AJason at jasonpj@yahoo.com =0A=0A=0A=
=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom: Doug Fodeman <dfodeman@brook=
wood.edu>=0ATo: ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU=0ASent: Friday, February 27, 2009 7=
:07:28 AM=0ASubject: Re: social networks used=0A=0AAli,=0AThis academic yea=
r alone our organization, ChildrenOnline.org, has=0Asurveyed more than 2600=
students. As in the past few years, the social=0Anetwork of choice by Ind=
ependent school students is Facebook. For=0Astudents in grades 9-12, 65% o=
f those who admit having a social network=0Ahave Facebook. (As opposed to 1=
3% with MySpace). Other social networks=0Aused by high schoolers include O=
rcut, Friendster, DeviantArt, Hi5 and Bebo.=0A=0AWe did not survey their us=
e of web 2.0 applications.=0A=0ABest,=0ADoug Fodeman=0AChildrenOnline.org=
=0A=0AA forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> wr=
ites:=0A>Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:28:17 -0500=0A>From: "Yares, Ali" =
<ayares@parkschool.net>=0A>Subject: Social Networks=0A>MIME-Version: 1.0=0A=
g: quoted-printable=0A>=0A>Has anyone done a survey of parents and students=
about what kinds of=0A>social=3D=0A> networks or web 2.0 applications they=
are using? Have you done one=0A>specifi=3D=0A>c to any application to see =
what they are using the application for? If=0A>so,=3D=0A> would you mind sh=
aring the survey questions and what kind of response=0A>you =3D=0A>received=
?=0A>=0A>Thanks,=0A>=0A>Ali=0A>=0A>----------------------------------------=
--------------=0A>Ali Yares=0A>Park School of Baltimore=0A>Information Mana=
ger=0A>410-339-7070, ext. 4671=0A>ayares@parkschool.net=0A=0A=0A=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=0ADouglas Fodeman =0ADirector of Technology=0A Brookwood S=
chool=0A Manchester, MA 01944=0A http://www.Brookwood.edu=0A (978)=
526-4500 X6233=0A=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=0A=0A=0A[ For info on ISED-L see=
http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]=0ASubmissions to ISED-L are released under a c=
reative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.=0ARSS Fe=
ed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=
[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]=0ASubmissions to ISED-=
L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share=
-alike license.=0ARSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3D=
ISED-L=0A=0A=0A=0A

Center for Innovative Educators

Colleagues,
The Harpeth Hall School has launched the Harpeth Hall Center for Innovative Educators, which will offer professional development workshops this summer. The center's mission is to inspire teachers to develop new and creative practices, build a network of
learning professionals, support teacher growth through innovative thinking and prepare students for the 21st century. [ https://www.harpethhall.org/ftpimages/146/misc/misc_61966.pdf ]Click here to access the electronic brochure highlighting the 16
workshops offered June 24-26 on the Harpeth Hall campus, 3801 Hobbs Road, Nashville. You can also [ https://www.harpethhall.org/podium/default.aspx?t=36644&rid=1564 ]click here to learn more at The Harpeth Hall website. If you have any questions, please
contact feel free to contact Traci Keller, center coordinator, keller@harpethhall.org.

Joanne Mamenta
The Harpeth Hall School
Director of Communications/Public Relations
mamenta@harpethhall.org
615-346-0135
www.harpethhall.org

Re: social networks used

Aside from Pew=A0and other usual suspects=A0I highly recommend Danah Boyd's=
=A0site and her research if you really want to get a handle on children and=
Social Networks.=A0 =0A=0Ahttp://www.danah.org/=0A=0AAs a side note, I man=
age the social network for AARP and we have a surprising number of teens on=
the site.=A0=A0We speculate this is largely because=A0most schools do not =
block our domain.=A0=A0You might find something interesting anomalies yours=
elf if you surveyed your own population.=0A=A0=0A_J________________________=
____=0AJason at jasonpj@yahoo.com =0A=0A=0A=0A=0A__________________________=
______=0AFrom: Doug Fodeman <dfodeman@brookwood.edu>=0ATo: ISED-L@LISTSERV.=
SYR.EDU=0ASent: Friday, February 27, 2009 7:07:28 AM=0ASubject: Re: social =
networks used=0A=0AAli,=0AThis academic year alone our organization, Childr=
enOnline.org, has=0Asurveyed more than 2600 students.=A0 As in the past few=
years, the social=0Anetwork of choice by Independent school students is Fa=
cebook.=A0 For=0Astudents in grades 9-12, 65% of those who admit having a s=
ocial network=0Ahave Facebook. (As opposed to 13% with MySpace).=A0 Other s=
ocial networks=0Aused by high schoolers include Orcut, Friendster, DeviantA=
rt, Hi5 and Bebo.=0A=0AWe did not survey their use of web 2.0 applications.=
=0A=0ABest,=0ADoug Fodeman=0AChildrenOnline.org=0A=0AA forum for independen=
t school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> writes:=0A>Date:=A0 =A0 Thu, 2=
6 Feb 2009 11:28:17 -0500=0A>From:=A0 =A0 "Yares, Ali" <ayares@parkschool.n=
et>=0A>Subject: Social Networks=0A>MIME-Version: 1.0=0A>Content-Type: text/=
plain; charset=3D"us-ascii"=0A>Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable=
=0A>=0A>Has anyone done a survey of parents and students about what kinds o=
f=0A>social=3D=0A> networks or web 2.0 applications they are using? Have yo=
u done one=0A>specifi=3D=0A>c to any application to see what they are using=
the application for? If=0A>so,=3D=0A> would you mind sharing the survey qu=
estions and what kind of response=0A>you =3D=0A>received?=0A>=0A>Thanks,=0A=
>=0A>Ali=0A>=0A>------------------------------------------------------=0A>A=
li Yares=0A>Park School of Baltimore=0A>Information Manager=0A>410-339-7070=
, ext. 4671=0A>ayares@parkschool.net=0A=0A=0A=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=0ADougla=
s Fodeman=A0 =0ADirector of Technology=0A=A0 =A0 Brookwood School=0A=A0 =A0=
Manchester, MA 01944=0A=A0 =A0 http://www.Brookwood.edu=0A=A0 =A0 (978) 52=
6-4500=A0 X6233=0A=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=0A=0A=0A[ For info on ISED-L see ht=
tp://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]=0ASubmissions to ISED-L are released under a crea=
tive commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.=0ARSS Feed,=
http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=3DISED-L=0A=0A=0A=0A

Cleaning of Computers

I am just wondering how other schools handle the cleaning of computers in p=
articular keyboards and mice? My concern is more of stopping the spread of=
bacteria, but also wondering about general cleaning of fans and etc.

Thanks,

Jim Haynie
Director of Technology
Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School
785 Beaver Street
Waltham, MA 02452

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it originate from the Chapel Hil=
l =E2=80=93 Chauncy Hall School and are intended solely for the use of the =
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If an addressing or transm=
ission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the sender by reply=
ing to it. If you are not the intended recipient you may not use, disclose,=
distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.

Re: social networks used

Ali,
This academic year alone our organization, ChildrenOnline.org, has
surveyed more than 2600 students. As in the past few years, the social
network of choice by Independent school students is Facebook. For
students in grades 9-12, 65% of those who admit having a social network
have Facebook. (As opposed to 13% with MySpace). Other social networks
used by high schoolers include Orcut, Friendster, DeviantArt, Hi5 and Bebo.

We did not survey their use of web 2.0 applications.

Best,
Doug Fodeman
ChildrenOnline.org

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> writes:
>Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:28:17 -0500
>From: "Yares, Ali" <ayares@parkschool.net>
>Subject: Social Networks
>
>Has anyone done a survey of parents and students about what kinds of
>social=
> networks or web 2.0 applications they are using? Have you done one
>specifi=
>c to any application to see what they are using the application for? If
>so,=
> would you mind sharing the survey questions and what kind of response
>you =
>received?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ali

>Ali Yares
>Park School of Baltimore
>Information Manager
>410-339-7070, ext. 4671
>ayares@parkschool.net

================================
Douglas Fodeman
Director of Technology
Brookwood School
Manchester, MA 01944
http://www.Brookwood.edu
(978) 526-4500 X6233
================================

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Re: document scanner

Laurie:
HP makes a number of products that might serve the purpose. The HP ScanJet
line comes in a variety of configurations including combined
sheet-feeder/flatbed scanning. Some are even networked so you can do scan
to PDF and send it to file storage or email.

HP has come a LONG way with their multifunction devices like the ScanJets in
recent years and they have proven to be fairly user friendly and reliable.

HP also has a selection tool online (
http://www.hp.com/sbso/buyguides/advisor_scanners.html) that may make it
easier to figure out which model might fit your needs the best.

TJ

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Laurie Yalem <lyalem@churchillstl.org>wrote:

> A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> writes:
> >We have the S510 and love it!
> My users are looking not just for a fast paper fed scanner that will scan
> into a pdf, but one that is also has a flatbed for scanning from a bound
> book. Does anyone have one that does both?
>
> :) Laurie
>
> Laurie Yalem
> Technology Coordinator
> Churchill Center & School for Learning Disabilities
> 1021 Municipal Center Dr.
> Town & Country, MO 63131
> 314-997-4343
> lyalem@churchillstl.org
> www.churchillstl.org

TJ Rainsford
E: tjrainsford@gmail.com

Re: document scanner

Laurie,

We use a Xerox Documate 510, which is both a high speed paper fed scanner
and a flatbed scanner. It is also easy on your wallet.

LCDR Mike Logan
Director of Technology
Missouri Military Academy
204 N Grand Street
Mexico, MO USA 65265
573.581.1776 ext. 428
MP Please consider the environment before printing this email.
My users are looking not just for a fast paper fed scanner that will scan
into a pdf, but one that is also has a flatbed for scanning from a bound
book. Does anyone have one that does both?

:) Laurie

Laurie Yalem
Technology Coordinator
Churchill Center & School for Learning Disabilities
1021 Municipal Center Dr.
Town & Country, MO 63131
314-997-4343
lyalem@churchillstl.org
www.churchillstl.org

Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
non-commercial, share-alike license.

document scanner

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> writes:
>We have the S510 and love it!
My users are looking not just for a fast paper fed scanner that will scan
into a pdf, but one that is also has a flatbed for scanning from a bound
book. Does anyone have one that does both?

:) Laurie

Laurie Yalem
Technology Coordinator
Churchill Center & School for Learning Disabilities
1021 Municipal Center Dr.
Town & Country, MO 63131
314-997-4343
lyalem@churchillstl.org
www.churchillstl.org

Technology Position at Roxbury Latin

To introduce myself, let me specify my reason for joining this listserv.

=20

The Roxbury Latin School is seeking a Director of Information Services.
Starting in June 2009, the successful candidate will assume
responsibility for the development and operation of the school's entire
technology infrastructure, supervising a staff of four in the technology
office and the library. Responsibilities will involve leadership in
academic and administrative areas as well as assistance with coaching a
team sport or advising an extracurricular activity. Most importantly,
the Director of Information Services will be a visionary who can develop
an ongoing technology plan and support faculty training. =20

=20

Located in the West Roxbury neighborhood of Boston, Roxbury Latin is an
independent day school for 290 boys in grades 7-12. Founded in 1645,
the School offers a rigorous classical education to a student body
notable for its academic ability as well as its socio-economic and
ethnic diversity. More information can be found on our website:
www.roxburylatin.org. Roxbury Latin is an equal opportunity employer
and offers top salaries and benefits. The School especially encourages
applications from women and candidates of color.

=20

Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume via
email to: phil.kokotailo@roxburylatin.org, or by conventional post to:
Dr. Philip Kokotailo, Director of Professional Development, The Roxbury
Latin School, 101 St. Theresa Avenue, West Roxbury, Massachusetts 02132.

Re: ISED/ New Member Introduction

Hi!

I know in my school (grades 7-12) our Assistant Athletic Director
doubles as trainer and also teaches a class. We also have three
teachers driving to middle school community service, four upper school
class deans coordinating class service projects, and a community
service club advisor. Those general duties would seem to fit you well!

Take care,
Bill Ivey
Stoneleigh-Burnham School

Re: ISED/ New Member Introduction

Bill =96 thanks for asking. What truly interests me is the ability to make=
a difference. I currently work in a rewarding field and business is great=
. But I have a higher calling and believe I can make a greater difference =
in teaching. My dilemma is determining how I can match my skill set to the=
needs of the students, or in a larger sense, to the needs of a school. I =
should finish my Doctorate of Physical Therapy this year. I have worked in=
this field for over ten years in large volume sports medicine settings. I=
have a strong back ground in strength and conditioning. I have a passion =
for service to others and humanitarian activities. I founded a small non-p=
rofit organization in 2002 that has assisted with the distribution of thous=
ands of wheelchairs to those in need in Africa and Asia. My goal for the n=
ext two to five years is determine how to mold my skills so I can be a memb=
er of a team that makes a difference for today=92s youth.=20

Bill Werling
Aspiring Teacher

William_Werling@Baylor.edu

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

getting a job in an independent school

Welcome, Bill!

As a P.T. I imagine that you have skills that everyone (especially =20
the coaches) will value in the independent schools.

I thought I'd respond to the list since I suspect that others may =20
have that same question. As for how to break into the independent =20
school world, I have written a number of articles on that topic:

In the Washington Post: To teach or not to teach: finding an =20
internship <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wl/jobs/Content?Content=3D/=20
communities/CareerStages/firstjobs/friedman_intern1.htm

Tips for teachers and teachers-in-the-making (tips and links are =20
provided here) <http://www.drlynnfriedman.com/teacherlinks.html>

Networking for a teaching position <http://www.drlynnfriedman.com/=20
quickfixteachingposition.html

Teaching without certification <http://www.drlynnfriedman.com/=20
teachingwocert.html

Links to articles on the organizational dynamics of the independent =20
schools. These articles are published on the NAIS (National =20
Association of Independent Schools) <http://www.drlynnfriedman.com/=20
teachers.html

Best of luck!

Lynn Friedman
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////=20=

////////
Lynn Friedman, Ph.D.
Organizational consultant to independent schools
Clinical Psychologist, Psychoanalyst
5480 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 206
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Associate Faculty, Organizational Dev/HR
Johns Hopkins University
(301) 656-9650
http://www.drlynnfriedman.com
http://www.corporationsonthecouch.com
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////=20=

////////

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////=20=

////////
Lynn Friedman, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist, Psychoanalyst,
Organizational/work-life consultant
5480 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 206
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Associate Faculty, Organizational Dev/HR
Johns Hopkins University
(301) 656-9050
http://www.drlynnfriedman.com
http://www.corporationsonthecouch.com
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////=20=

////////

On Feb 25, 2009, at 11:06 PM, Werling, Bill wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I hope that I am welcome in this LISTSERV. I joined even though I =20
> am only an aspiring educator. I am currently a Physical Therapist =20
> with a strong desire to make a difference. I have long =20
> contemplated how best to do this. My fianl decision is to teach in =20=

> the I ndependent School venue. I grew up as a =93farm kid=94 from =20
> Wisconsin. Due to changes in my Father=92s work our family moved =20
> prior to the last two years of my high school. As another move was =20=

> possible, my family gave me the option of going to a boarding =20
> school so that I could finish my education in the same location. =20
> This school (students, faculty, and staff) made a tremendous =20
> difference in my life. I want to help others in the same manner. =20
> In the next two to five years I hope to transition from physical =20
> therapy to teaching. My plan for joining this group was to become =20
> better acquainted with the issues facing Independent Schools. Any =20
> suggestions on how I can optimally prepare for this transition are =20
> greatly appreciated. In the coming years I may also request =20
> feedback on my thoughts on how I hope to teach.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill Werling
>
> William_Werling@Baylor.edu<mailto:William_Werling@Baylor.edu>

> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, =20

ISED/ New Member Introduction

Hello All,

I hope that I am welcome in this LISTSERV. I joined even though I am only =
an aspiring educator. I am currently a Physical Therapist with a strong de=
sire to make a difference. I have long contemplated how best to do this. =
My fianl decision is to teach in the I ndependent School venue. I grew up =
as a =93farm kid=94 from Wisconsin. Due to changes in my Father=92s work o=
ur family moved prior to the last two years of my high school. As another =
move was possible, my family gave me the option of going to a boarding scho=
ol so that I could finish my education in the same location. This school (=
students, faculty, and staff) made a tremendous difference in my life. I w=
ant to help others in the same manner. In the next two to five years I hop=
e to transition from physical therapy to teaching. My plan for joining thi=
s group was to become better acquainted with the issues facing Independent =
Schools. Any suggestions on how I can optimally prepare for this transitio=
n are greatly appreciated. In the coming years I may also request feedback=
on my thoughts on how I hope to teach.

Thanks,
Bill Werling

William_Werling@Baylor.edu<mailto:William_Werling@Baylor.edu>

Re: Online directories

Debbie:

While we haven't yet gotten rid of our Family Directory, we have an
online directory of parents, students, and faculty through our
WhippleHill website. I would be interested in talking further if you
would like!

Jeff Ritter
Director of Technology
St. John's School
2401 Claremont Ln.
Houston, TX 77019
713-850-4020

Debbie Anderson wrote:
> Does anyone have a student online directory that functions as a database
> where parents can pull up a class list with phone numbers and addresses?
> We are thinking about eliminating our printed directory but need an easy
> online system for parents to use.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Debbie Anderson
>
> Webmaster/Upper School Technology Coordinator
>
> McLean School of Maryland
>
> danderson@mcleanschool.org

> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.

Re: Online directories

Debbie:
Do you have a database system that already has this information in it? In
many cases, leveraging the existing information system might prove to be
more manageable in the long term and could only require a little bit of Web
savvy.

While an off the shelf solution may be easier to implement initially, you
may find yourself having to maintain two information systems (the Web-based
system and whatever back-office system the data already resides in). That
can create a lot of double data entry and can become a data management (and
ultimately a parent/student services) issue.

TJ

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Debbie Anderson <DAnderson@mcleanschool.org
> wrote:

> Does anyone have a student online directory that functions as a database
> where parents can pull up a class list with phone numbers and addresses?
> We are thinking about eliminating our printed directory but need an easy
> online system for parents to use.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Debbie Anderson
>
> Webmaster/Upper School Technology Coordinator
>
> McLean School of Maryland
>
> danderson@mcleanschool.org

TJ Rainsford
E: tjrainsford@gmail.com

Re: Online directories

Would you be willing to share this script?

Thanks,

Renee Ramig
Seven Hills School

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Re: Lightspeed Total Traffic Control

I will be away from school Wednesday, February 25 - Sunday, March 1
attending the NAIS Conference. While away I will have limited email
access. I look forward to reading and responding to your email when I
return on Monday, March 2, 2009.

Warmly-

Mark

Re: [Techtalk] Lightspeed Total Traffic Control

We are currently using it.

=20

We have had it installed since July.

=20

It is not bad, it has it's good points and its bad points. We came over
from Websense and the minuses that I see from websense is that the
user/group based reporting is not even close to as good in lightspeed.
The other thing is that the Active Directory implementation is not what
I would have expected. It requires a fresh login daily otherwise you
are given the default policy. No locking and unlocking your computer,
no standby, no hibernate when coming from off of the network onto the
network in the morning. I don't think the categorization of the sites
is as good as websense either. There are more categories, but we have
had problems with a lot of sites being miscategorized. The tool that
they have to submit the requests to unblock or recategorize the sites
works great, but I would hope they would be better on that. =20

=20

Good points is that it kills SSL proxies. It tracks search queries that
are put into google and msn including the images. It blocks google
image thumbnails and forces safe search on the images. It is an inline
solution so anything that is going out has to go through there and can
be caught in some way shape or form. It is much faster than websense
(and it was on the same box) The biggest one is the price. I get an
email/IM arching client, spam/virus filter, content filter, desktop
antivirus, some packet shaping, all for the price of one or two of them.

=20

Their support overall is great. We have only had 1 issue that I can
recall that things had to be escalated to the next level past basic
support.

Brian Etzkorn

Villa Duchesne

801 S. Spoede rd.

St. Louis, MO 63131

(314) 810-3439

=20

Is anyone using Lightspeed Systems Total Traffic Control? If so, are
you happy with their product and support?

=20

Janet Thorson

Director of Technology

Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart

10202 Memorial Drive

Houston, Texas 77024

ph: 713-468-8211, ext. 128

fax: 713-465-9809=20

=20

-- This message has been checked by ESVA and is believed to be clean.=20

mlovo@carrollton.org=20

P Before you print this email or attachments, please consider the =
negative environmental impacts associated with printing. =FC

Is anyone using Lightspeed Systems Total Traffic Control? If so, are =
you happy with their product and support?

=20

Janet Thorson

Director of Technology

Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart

10202 Memorial Drive

Houston, Texas 77024

ph: 713-468-8211, ext. 128

fax: 713-465-9809=20

=20

-- This message has been checked by ESVA and is believed to be clean.=20

Re: Lightspeed Total Traffic Control

We switched from Lightspeed to Barracuda two years ago... We are very
pleased that we made that move... The Barracuda has worked wonderfully
for us.

-- Brad

---
Brad Rathgeber
Director of Technology=20
History Teacher
Holton-Arms School

Office: 301-365-6114

brad.rathgeber@holton-arms.edu

Is anyone using Lightspeed Systems Total Traffic Control? If so, are
you happy with their product and support?

=20

Janet Thorson

Director of Technology

Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart

10202 Memorial Drive

Houston, Texas 77024

ph: 713-468-8211, ext. 128

fax: 713-465-9809=20

Lightspeed Total Traffic Control

Is anyone using Lightspeed Systems Total Traffic Control? If so, are
you happy with their product and support?

=20

Janet Thorson

Director of Technology

Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart

10202 Memorial Drive

Houston, Texas 77024

ph: 713-468-8211, ext. 128

fax: 713-465-9809=20

Re: [ANN] iRIS Guide launch

very nice Kevin! I especially liked the iRIS name ... now find a rare iRIS
pic to use ... nice closure too .. "In Kindness"

very nice.

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 6:52 AM, Kevin McAllister <kevin@inresonance.com>wrote:

> inRESONANCE is pleased to announce the release of iRIS, the iR Independent
> School Resource Directory. This has been compiled as a service to
> independent schools.
>
> Our aim is to provide a quick reference to all the vendors working in this
> market. A strong, healthy independent school community benefits everyone.
> This is a non-vetted listing that is free of ads or charge and open for
> listing by anyone. The hope, however, is that unlike Google, this list cuts
> to the chase for finding the companies actually working with independent
> schools.
>
> To read more about IRIS go to my blog below, or go directly to iRIS.
>
> http://iris.inresonance.com/
>
> As we all navigate these uncertain times, anything we can do to work
> together is a positive step. As Ben Franklin is reported to have said "We
> must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately".
>

> In kindness
>
> Kevin
>

> Kevin J. McAllister | President, CEO
> inRESONANCE ... Solutions that resonate
>
> kevin@inresonance.com | 413.587.0236 |
> http://www.inresonance.com/blogs/irkd

Reynolds-Anthony Harris
Chief Growth Officer
Lyceum Partners + Co
Los Angeles, CA
O: 413.320.5989

"We can't afford to make 'perfect' the enemy of the absolutely necessary."
--- President Obama

Re: ISED-Professional Development: PD Tracker

Never heard of it, though it does sound intriguing.
If you don't get the response you'd hoped here, asking closer to home
might help.

One list to pursue would be the ALIA Information Literacy Forum
http://lists.alia.org.au/mailman/listinfo/aliainfolit

Carl W Feucht
Librarian
Indianhead International School