Thursday, July 9, 2009

Re: Parent/Teacher conference software

We made a Google doc-just excel. Worked great foer 365 kids. Only one
parent tried to move another's spot and you can track by version which was
first.

Deirdre

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Cohen Steven <sac@aol.com> wrote:

> If you are talking just about sheduling. We simply set up a table with
> times on a wiki page (one for each teacher doing conferences) and had
> parents go to the page and fill their names in next to the time they want.
> It has been well received by parents and virtually effortless to set up and
> maintain, and best of all it's free. When it's time for the next round of
> conferences we simply copy and paste a blank template (times but no names)
> onto the page. We use wikispaces.
>
> Steve Cohen
> Allen-Stevenson School
> NYC
>

> On Jul 9, 2009, at 10:47 AM, Smith, Greg wrote:
>
> Is anyone using a Parent/Teacher conference system that has been very
>> successful. We would like to host it in-house if possible but would look
>> at hosted options also. We currently use PTConferenceMaker from
>> Graphtech which we are happy with but would like to bring in-house if
>> possible.
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Greg Smith
>>
>> Notre Dame Prep
>>
>> Towson, MD
>>

>> [ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ]
>> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
>> non-commercial, share-alike license.
>> RSS Feed, http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L

Deirdre Harrison
Director of Admission and Financial Aid
Baker Demonstration School
201 Sheridan Road
Wilmette, IL 60091

d: 847. 425. 5813
m: 847. 420. 7827
f: 847. 425. 5801
e: dharrison@bakerdemschool.org
skype: deebeachi
www.bakerdemschool.org
tw: @bakerdem
fb: Baker Demonstration School Page

Love to Learn. Cherish the Journey. Serve the World.