Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Re: Technology Integration Plan

I would love to see a copy of your plan as well. I'm just beginning to work
on this for our school. Thanks!

ZJ Jelaca
Director of Technology
St. Gregory College Preparatory School
zj@stgregoryschool.org
(520) 327-6395 x272

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Jayme Johnson <jjohnson@village-school.com>
wrote:

> Tim,
> Our current tech plan is a 5 year plan, with short term goals (2-3
> years) and long term goals (5 + years). We update the plan every 1-2
> years. There is a summary of "accomplishments" included in the plan as
> well. I will send you the PDF off list, since I can't attach it here. If
> you would like to see previous, complete, versions of older plans, I'd
> be happy to forward those to you as well.
> ~Jayme
>
> Jayme Johnson
> Director of Academic Technology
>
> Village School
> 780 Swarthmore Avenue
> Pacific Palisades, California 90272
> 310-459-8411 x120
> jjohnson@village-school.com
> http://www.village-school.org

Re: sharing of tech plans and other files

Demetri,
Thank you for creating this. I agree that there needs to be a space to
share these files. I have used google docs for lesson plan type files,
but they don't support pdf files, or those that are too large.

I'll add our tech plan to this page, as well as a link to the google
docs page with our AUP and various lesson plans.
Thanks again, Demetri. You're foresight really helps keep this group
organized.
~Jayme

sharing of tech plans and other files

The number of requests to see Jayme's PDF attachment (tech plan) made me
realize we have an unmet need for sharing of files. I would appreciate
seeing more examples of people's tech plans especially as I begin the
planning process at my new school. I started a page to share files on
the ISEnet ning at this URL:
http://isenet.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=3D1194706%3ATopic%3A29703 =
I've
also included a link to the wiki on which I posted my former school's
in-depth technology plan and some other resources. Since it's simple for
people to upload files to the nings, I'd appreciate it if you'd consider
sharing your tech plan there. Please bear in mind the creative commons
license unless the message-poster specifies otherwise.

The sharing of files is a great way for us to collaborate as a
community. There are several types of documents which it seems like we
all need to create including: technology plans, acceptable use policies,
internet safety presentations, job descriptions, application tutorials,
help sheets, etc. It would be great to build a repository of shared
documents. This page on the ning has some links to the afore-mentioned
files:
http://isenet.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=3D1194706%3ATopic%3A24687

Shorter URLs for above links:
Tech Plans: http://tinyurl.com/3gacqd
File Sharing: http://tinyurl.com/3lroqb

Thanks!
Demetri

Demetri Orlando
Battle Ground Academy
Franklin, TN=20

Re: Anti Virus

Jeff,
We use Sophos. The product is great!

Brian Meeks ACTC, ACDT, A+
Network Administrator
The Paideia School
404-270-2306

I> Is anyone using Vexira antivirus? I am looking to get off the>
expensive> cycle of the Symantec subscription service.> Vexira provided
to me an abundance of public school references, but it> would great to
know if any of you have had> experience with this product.>=20>
Thanks,>=20> Jeff Dayton> Director of Technology> The Madeira School>
703-556-8342> jdayton@madeira.org

Re: Technology Integration Plan

You can find out 3 year plan here
http://www.paideiaschool.org/about_us/threeyearplan.aspx

Brian Meeks ACTC, ACDT, A+
Network Administrator
The Paideia School

Re: Technology Integration Plan

Try http://www.yousendit.com/ to share larger files via email.

Steve Schwartz
Department of Technology
10 Main St. Cheshire, CT 06410
203-439-7309

Cheshire Academy...preparing responsible, global citizens and leaders of
the 21st century.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Re: Technology Integration Plan

Jamie,=20

I am also interested in seeing your plan, since we are planning to work on =
ours during this summer. Can you please send me the PDF?

Thanks in advance,
Olga Eidelman
Computer Teacher
Woodland School
CA

> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:28:30 -0700
> From: jjohnson@village-school.com
> Subject: Re: Technology Integration Plan
> To: ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
>=20
> Tim,
> Our current tech plan is a 5 year plan, with short term goals (2-3
> years) and long term goals (5 + years). We update the plan every 1-2
> years. There is a summary of "accomplishments" included in the plan as
> well. I will send you the PDF off list, since I can't attach it here. If
> you would like to see previous, complete, versions of older plans, I'd
> be happy to forward those to you as well.
> ~Jayme
>=20
> Jayme Johnson
> Director of Academic Technology
>=20
> Village School
> 780 Swarthmore Avenue
> Pacific Palisades, California 90272
> 310-459-8411 x120
> jjohnson@village-school.com
> http://www.village-school.org
>=20

Make i'm yours.=A0 Create a custom banner to support your cause.
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Contribute/Default.aspx?source=3DTXT_TAGHM_=
MSN_Make_IM_Yours=

Re: years of teaching / outside experience translation

We do try to give some credit for this; not a 1 to 1 credit, but some =
years. We have found that we just cannot get people to accept our offers =
unless we do! So, if someone had been an actuary for 10 years, I'd =
probably give them 4-5 years experience, since at least the person is =
doing math. If the experience were totally unrelated I'd give little or no =
experience.

Kris Schulte
Dean of Faculty
Stuart Country Day School
1200 Stuart Road, Princeton, NJ 08540
609-921-2330
fax 609-497-0784
kschulte@stuartschool.org

>>> Donald Morrison <dmorrison@tampaprep.org> 4/29/2008 4:11 PM >>>
My business manager asked me to post the following question. When someone
who has changed careers is hired as a teacher by your school, do you gave
any credit for non-teaching employment experiences if your salary
structure takes into consideration years of experience. In other words,
say an actuary is hired as a math instructor. How is this individual's
previous employment experience factored into a salary offer? Any thoughts
on or off the listserv would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Donald

Donald Morrison
Dean of Faculty
Tampa Preparatory School
727 West Cass Street
Tampa, FL 33606-1105

dmorrison@tampaprep.org=20
voice: (813) 251 8481 x4045
fax: (813) 254 2106

Visit our website at: www.tampaprep.org=20

Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution, =
non-commercial, share-alike license.

Check out "Jayme's Page" on NAIS Discussion Network...

Jayme wants you to check out "Jayme's Page" on NAIS Discussion Network!

I posted the 2007 tech plan PDF and a PDF of all of our plans 2000-2007 on my NAIS ning page.

Hope this is helpful.
~Jayme

To view this Profile, visit:
http://naisnet.ning.com/profile/Jayme?xgs=1

--
To control which emails you receive on NAIS Discussion Network, go to:
http://naisnet.ning.com/profiles/profile/emailSettings

[...]

Please could you send it to us also?

Thank you very much,

=20
Sister Elizabeth
Powhatan School

703-837-1317 sward@acdsnet.org=20

I am also very interested in the tech plan you are sending to Tim. Our
school is in desperate need of just such a plan. We had decided to work
on
it over the summer but would be grateful for any help yours might be.

Anne Patrick
Technology Teacher
Baker Demonstration School
847-425-5800
apatrick@bakerdemschool.org=20

> Tim,
> Our current tech plan is a 5 year plan, with short term goals (2-3
> years) and long term goals (5 + years). We update the plan every 1-2
> years. There is a summary of "accomplishments" included in the plan as
> well. I will send you the PDF off list, since I can't attach it here.
If
> you would like to see previous, complete, versions of older plans, I'd
> be happy to forward those to you as well.
> ~Jayme
>
> Jayme Johnson
> Director of Academic Technology
>
> Village School
> 780 Swarthmore Avenue
> Pacific Palisades, California 90272
> 310-459-8411 x120
> jjohnson@village-school.com=20
> http://www.village-school.org=20

me, too messages

Dear Subscribers,

Just a plea from the bloated inboxes of the world to reply off list when
requesting e-mailed documents from a generous soul.

Thanks.

Your ISED-L Co-Managers
Marti, David, and Curt

Re: Technology Integration Plan

Thank you Jayme...your generosity is much appreciated.

Anne Patrick
Baker Demonstration School
apatrick@bakerdemschool.org

> I tried google docs, but with the pics, and length, the file size is too
> large. I could try the ning. For now, I'm just emailing everyone the
> PDF. I'll repost if I upload it somewhere for future reference.
> ~Jayme

Many thanks.

Jennifer McMurray
Technology Director
Calhoun School
jmcmurray@calhoun.org

On 4/29/08, Anne Patrick <apatrick@bakerdemschool.org> wrote:
> Hi Jayme,
>
> I am also very interested in the tech plan you are sending to Tim. Our
> school is in desperate need of just such a plan. We had decided to work on
> it over the summer but would be grateful for any help yours might be.
>
> Anne Patrick
> Technology Teacher
> Baker Demonstration School
> 847-425-5800
> apatrick@bakerdemschool.org
>

> > Tim,
> > Our current tech plan is a 5 year plan, with short term goals (2-3
> > years) and long term goals (5 + years). We update the plan every 1-2
> > years. There is a summary of "accomplishments" included in the plan as
> > well. I will send you the PDF off list, since I can't attach it here. If
> > you would like to see previous, complete, versions of older plans, I'd
> > be happy to forward those to you as well.
> > ~Jayme
> >
> > Jayme Johnson
> > Director of Academic Technology
> >
> > Village School
> > 780 Swarthmore Avenue
> > Pacific Palisades, California 90272
> > 310-459-8411 x120
> > jjohnson@village-school.com
> > http://www.village-school.org

Jayme,

I would like a pdf also.

Thank you,
=20
Ron Freybler
Director of Technology
Graland Country Day School
303-336-3718
rfreybler@graland.org

I would love to see a copy of your plan as well. We are just beginning
to work on this.

Thanks!

Jeff Dayton
Director of Technology
The Madeira School
703-556-8342
jdayton@madeira.org

Could anyone provide me with a decent model/framework for a 3-5 year
technology integration plan? Any assistance anyone could provide would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance-

Tim

Timothy Rice
Director of Technology
Kentucky Country Day School
4100 Springdale Rd.
Louisville, KY 40241
(502)814-4366(dir)
(502)423-0445(fax)
tim.rice@kcd.org

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ] Submissions to
ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
non-commercial, share-alike license.

Re: Technology Integration Plan

I would also love to see a copy - we're getting started as well.
Thank you.

Paula Boeglin
Computer Teacher/Technology Coordinator
Mizzentop Day School
(845)855-7338 ext. 212

Could anyone provide me with a decent model/framework for a 3-5 year
technology integration plan? Any assistance anyone could provide would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance-

Tim

Timothy Rice
Director of Technology
Kentucky Country Day School
4100 Springdale Rd.
Louisville, KY 40241
(502)814-4366(dir)
(502)423-0445(fax)
tim.rice@kcd.org

[ For info on ISED-L see http://www.gds.org/ISED-L ] Submissions to
ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
non-commercial, share-alike license.

Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative commons, attribution,
non-commercial, share-alike license.

Re: Technology Integration Plan

Hi Jayme,

I am also very interested in the tech plan you are sending to Tim. Our
school is in desperate need of just such a plan. We had decided to work on
it over the summer but would be grateful for any help yours might be.

Anne Patrick
Technology Teacher
Baker Demonstration School
847-425-5800
apatrick@bakerdemschool.org

> Tim,
> Our current tech plan is a 5 year plan, with short term goals (2-3
> years) and long term goals (5 + years). We update the plan every 1-2
> years. There is a summary of "accomplishments" included in the plan as
> well. I will send you the PDF off list, since I can't attach it here. If
> you would like to see previous, complete, versions of older plans, I'd
> be happy to forward those to you as well.
> ~Jayme
>
> Jayme Johnson
> Director of Academic Technology
>
> Village School
> 780 Swarthmore Avenue
> Pacific Palisades, California 90272
> 310-459-8411 x120
> jjohnson@village-school.com
> http://www.village-school.org

Seminar opportunity for teachers

Dear educators,

The University of Maryland in College Park offers an exciting
professional development program which allows teachers to build content
knowledge, network with other teachers, and renew enthusiasm for
teaching. "Seminars for Teachers" brings K-12 teachers to campus to
attend one- or two-day seminars presented by the university's most
distinguished faculty on a wide variety of topics: J.R.R. Tolkien, media
and popular culture, King Lear, teaching history with film....and more!

These seminars are a terrific way for teachers to gain personal
enrichment while revitalizing their teaching and enhancing classroom
instruction.

I would like to invite all private schools in the Washington DC greater
metro area to participate. Please visit

http://www.arhu.umd.edu/outreach/sft/ or contact cmaclean@umd.edu for
more information.

Cheryl MacLean
Seminars for Teachers
University of Maryland

[...]

Re: Strategic Planning - Technology

See my answers below:

Thanks!
-Deborah

____________________________________

Deborah Levy
Technology Integration Specialist
26800 S. Academy Drive
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
310-377-1543 x4116

A forum for independent school educators <ISED-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> writes:
>1. Are your technology positions separated into instructional and
>technical or are the positions combined?

Both -- see #2 below.

>>2. What are the titles and general duties of your technology dept.,
>both
>>instructional and technical?

1) We have essentially 2 IT/Network specialists, one of whom teaches our
only Computer Science class, AP Comp Sci, to upperclassman.
2) We have 1 Mac specialist/lab manager
3) We have a Director of Technology who is also a teacher of other
subjects at school
4) We have a Director of Special Projects who, among other things, is in
charge of the network infrastructure for the most part, wiring, etc., in
conjunction with the IT/Network specialists. He also handles major
hardware purchases, like SmartBoards, projectors, etc.
5) I am the only Academic Tech person, in charge of tech integration
throughout the K-12 curriculum. I teach students, plus train faculty and
staff.

>>3. Does your school have a 1-to-1 program?
No, and no current plans.

Technology Integration Plan

Could anyone provide me with a decent model/framework for a 3-5 year
technology integration plan? Any assistance anyone could provide would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance-

Tim

Timothy Rice
Director of Technology
Kentucky Country Day School
4100 Springdale Rd.
Louisville, KY 40241
(502)814-4366(dir)
(502)423-0445(fax)
tim.rice@kcd.org

Statement of Confidentiality: The electronic information transmitted in
this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Re: Web 2.0 Teaching - Food for Thought (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED=20
Caveats: NONE

David,

While you are kind enough not to say it this way, I think that you are
right - in retrospect the list is fairly trite to experienced educators.
But, I am a sucker for any model that incorporates the idea of tensions.
I think healthy tension is the hallmark of any successful system and I
wonder if there are other models that use these kinds of dichotomies as
a basis for evaluating educational technology.

Thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

_Jason

___________________________________

Jason Johnson - Program Director
Web Services Branch - Walter Reed Army Medical Center Ingenium (ISO
9001:2000 certified)
Office: 202-782-1047
Cell: 202-262-0516
jason.johnson@ingenium.net
jason.p.johnson2@us.army.mil=20

Monday, April 28, 2008

Thoughts on Xirrus

Larry,

I hope to overhaul my wireless system as well this summer. I looked into
many different wireless solutions. None of the solutions I researched
could touch the technology that Xirrus offers. Xirrus also came and did a
heat map of campus and will reduce my number of WAPs. Our Campus is unique
in that is covers 12 acres and the campus is made up of 11 different
building ( some of which are turn of the century homes) Xirrus is the
best solution for any heavily used wireless network. I think you will
find Xirrus will offer much more than any other vendor.

Brian Meeks ACTC, ACDT, A+
Network Administrator
The Paideia School

Re: Thoughts on xirrus

Brian Meeks ACTC, ACDT, A+
Network Administrator
The Paideia School

Re: ISED-L Digest - 24 Apr 2008 to 25 Apr 2008 (#2008-103)

I am out of the office until April 28.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Re: Technology Programs in Bay Area Elementary Schools

I had the pleasure of visiting the Town School for Boys a few years ago... a great experience!

Stewart Crais
Director of Information Services
Lausanne Collegiate School
1381 West Massey Road
Memphis, TN 38120
(901) 474-1031 (v)
(901) 682-1696 (f)
scrais@lausanneschool.com
SKYPE: stewart.crais
www.lausanneschool.com

============================
Laptop Institute - July 13-15, 2008
http://www.laptopinstitute.com

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Re: Technology Programs in Bay Area Elementary Schools

Hello, Maria,

You should check out BAISnet -- they are an incredible resource for Bay Area educators.

http://www.baisnet.org/

Cheers,

Bill

> I am working with a group of teachers from a San Francisco
> elementary school
> that are interested in visiting other Bay Area elementary
> schools that have
> strong technology programs in place- particularly those
> that are using
> technology in the classrooms and not just in lab settings.
>
> I would very much appreciate any recommendations that the
> list could offer.
>
> Thank you-
>

> Maria Ribera
> Director of Assessment, Academic and Technology Services
> Catholic School Management

> Submissions to ISED-L are released under a creative
> commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license.
> RSS Feed,
> http://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?RSS&L=ISED-L

Be a better friend, newshound, and

Re: Technology Programs in Bay Area Elementary Schools

Hi,

We use laptops in 2nd - 8th grade, so all technology use in these grades =
takes place in the classroom. Please contact me if you are interested =
in visiting.

Renee Ramig
Seven Hills School
Walnut Creek

Friday, April 25, 2008

survey about technology decision-making

[Please excuse the cross-posting]

=20

Hi Everyone,

=20

At this summer's FileMaker Developer Conference, I've volunteered to run
a workshop with the dubious title of "FileMaker Politics: Protecting
your in-house solutions from outside competition". Given the nature of
open systems, in which one is often "building the plane while flying
it", it's no surprise that many institutions turn to the familiarity and
stability of large, expensive systems, often at the cost of flexibility,
price, and support (at least, that's how in-house FileMaker people see
it...). In-house developers are often too busy building and flying to
think about competition, and can easily fall into the trap of thinking
their solution is too critical and perfect to ever be replaced...

=20

While prepping for this workshop and mulling over some of the issues
around this topic, I started to think about how it is that independent
schools, and other types of small businesses, arrive at and evaluate the
decisions they make related to technology, particularly with regards to
the "big systems" (SIS, CMS, etc.). With our increasingly large budgets
and our growing dependence on information systems, the decisions we make
have serious implications for our schools' budgets, the nature and
quality of our communications, and the productivity of our people. To
help me think about this in a way that's only slightly more scientific
than wild speculation, I've put together a brief survey for
administrators. I'd be absolutely thrilled if any of you could find a
few minutes (5-10) to fill it out. I'm particularly interested in
hearing from schools that have recently adopted or chosen to replace a
major system (but others are most welcome). Anyone who is even
peripherally involved in IT decision-making is welcome to participate.=20

=20

Here is the survey link:

=20

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=3DoC8s9A0vAR4inkThx63nWQ_3d_3d

=20

The results summary will be here:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=3DeoRzvDNe_2b0UoAf2YZDS5pSdhtGju5W=
1
934B_2bXLRrolk_3d

=20

Thanks in advance for participating.

=20

Cheers,

=20

-Peter Vinogradov

=20

Chair, Department of Languages

Poughkeepsie Day School, Poughkeepsie NY

pvinogradov@poughkeepsieday.org <mailto:pvinogradov@poughkeepsieday.org>

[...]

David

David F. Withrow
Director of Technology
Harford Day School
Bel Air, Maryland 21014
voice: 410 879 2350 ex 33
fax: 410 836 5918
http://www.harfordday.org

The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children.
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
- Yogi Berra

Re: Comparative Religion Text

There are two texts I can recommend as being usable for high school age,
though, like so many things we use, they're really college texts. I
have used for several years T. Patrick Burke's "The Major Religions: An
Introduction with Texts" (Blackwell, now in a second edition). I like
the fact that it is, by comparison with so many textbooks, affordable
(around $35), and, while I'm not happy with all the primary sources he
uses, I love the fact that they are in the same volume. There is a web
site you can use that has some value for teacher and student, including
(if I do say so myself, since I wrote them) some pretty good study
questions to accompany some of the chapters.

Also good (better than Burke in many ways, but doesn't have the primary
sources) is Mary Pat Fisher, "Living Religions" (it's been through about
5 editions). One drawback I see with this text is that I often detect a
certain bias in places, but not enough not to use it. This book is more
expensive, though, like Burke, it is in paperback.

Some people will recommend Huston Smith's classic "The World's
Religions," which is cheap (an accompanying book of primary sources is
also inexpensive, done by Philip Novak), but, while I like the Novak
reader, I'm not a fan of Smith. It is idiosyncratic and conceptual, and
my students, when I used it, didn't find it very accessible.

I haven't used any of these with 9th graders, by the way.

Hope this helps.

Jim
--
Jim Dunaway
Dean of Faculty

Dave Mullen wrote:
> I currently teach a course in world religions using Michael Molloy's
> Experiencing the World's Religions. It's a college text that has
> worked nicely with the older kids I've typically taught, but having
> volunteered to take on the 9th graders next year I need a somewhat
> lighter text. Any recommendations from the vast experience pool of
> ISED-L?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Tech Coordinator Position open

We are seeking a Technology Coordinator at our K-8 campus in Carmel,
California. We have a 1:1 program for grades 6-12 but this position would
be supporting grades 6-8 laptops and grades K-5 classroom desktops.

If you know anyone interested have them contact me directly.

Allyn Bushlow
Director of Technology
Stevenson School
3152 Forest Lake Road
Pebble Beach, CA 93953
831-625-8395
abushlow@stevensonschool.org

Re: [Techtalk] FW: Duchesne Job Decriptions

Helpdesk Support Job still open.=20=20

=20

I'd really like a teacher who is a techie and wants to work a lot with
hardware and train students. It is a hard job to fill to find the right
person. Please continue to think about whether or not you know someone.

=20

Janet Thorson

Director of Technology

Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart

10202 Memorial Drive

Houston, Texas 77024

ph: 713-468-8211, ext. 128

fax: 713-465-9809=20

Helpdesk Support

=20

The Technology Department at Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart, in
Houston, Texas, is interviewing to find a technologically talented
individual with school experience. Coursework, certifications and/or a
degree in Information Technology is a plus.

=20

Candidates must possess strong interpersonal, organizational and
language skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.

=20

The job requires a person with high-energy, who is happy working in a
fast paced environment and who has the capability to think and react
quickly, as well as to multi-task.

=20

The ideal candidate has experience working with school-aged children and
can train and manage the high school students that work in our helpdesk.

=20

Other skills must include:

=20

Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose computer malfunctions, both
hardware and software=20=20=20=20

Ability to perform computer maintenance and repairs

Software support including Microsoft Office, Windows, Internet Explorer,
Mozilla, Outlook, Mac OS

Hardware support including desktops, laptops, LCD projectors, printers,
network connectivity

Strong documentation skills for tracking work orders

Strength in using a database system as well as to create reports using
Excel

Inventory management

Vendor communications

Ability to work well with all ages

=20

Resumes and references (required) should be emailed to
susan.clophus@duchesne.org or faxed to:=20=20

=20

Susan Clophus, Assistant to the Director of Technology, fax #:

For more information on Duchesne Academy and our Technology Program
please visit our website at:

www.duchesne.org
<http://www.duchesne.org/>=20

-- This message has been checked by ESVA and is believed to be clean.=20

Re: engaging speaker on discipline

Richard LaVoie if you have the budget... good stuff on teaching styles
and the impact on discipline. He also has several videos out, a couple
of which deal with LD kids and classroom behaviors.
Dave

--
======================
David E. Mullen

Comparative Religion Text

[...]

Joel,

I saw her going a little deeper than old vs new. To me she seemed that
the deficiencies of the new form highlighted what she valued in the old.
I looked at her binaries in terms of the choices we make even within
technology. Do I use blogger for on-line class discussion (leans toward
chaos) or Blackboard (high levels of control) and what are the
implications (positive and negative) for the classroom. By keeping that
check list in my head I have a rough framework to review tools and
options from the traditional to cutting edge.

She also kept a detailed blog that (if you want to take the time to
review) will allow you to draw your own conclusions.

_J